Mobile Internet in Belgium Q1 2010
|Friday, 09 April 2010 00:00|
Mobile Internet in Belgium:
One month ago, we tweeted on Semetis Twitter our study on Mobile Internet in Belgium. We collected these data thanks to the new Google Analytics Reports on Mobile devices. Our post revealed the surprising figures of internet traffic coming from mobile devices such as the iPhone, the iPod Touch but also mobile phones running on Android, Symbian, Microsoft Mobile and Blackberrys...
We concluded that "Web phones" traffic in January 2010 was lower than 1% of the total sites traffic in Belgium!
Mobile Internet in Belgium Q1 2010:
At the date of today, we would like to review the first 3 months of 2010. As described in the table hereafter, January conclusions are still up to date. Web traffic coming from smartphones remained under the bar of 1% and was quite stable.
Three other trends popped up. First, Apple, leader with more than 77% market shares, and Android kept stable. Secondly, Symbian and Microsoft faced a slight decrease. And thirdly, RIM (Blackberry) is the sole player to see its shares rise during these 3 months.
We still believe the Mobile Internet will grow strong in the coming months and years. The range of phones allowing to browse the internet is growing. For instance, HTC as well as Samsung are pretty active advertising their "web phones":
Written by Nicolas Debray
Sign up and receive our newsletter to keep you informed of our news, events, training ...
- Enhance Ad Campaigns with Weather Data
- Measure your offline conversions in Google Analytics with the measurement protocol
- Google Analytics Premium: 4 things to keep in mind if you’re looking to upgrade
- Google Analytics 360 Suite: a marketing (r)evolution
- Accessing The Google Analytics API through R Studio
- The new Facebook pixel
- Why next week’s Mobile World Congress 2016 matters to global media?
- How to advertise on Instagram?