Mobile Internet in Belgium Q1 2010
|Friday, 09 April 2010 00:00|
Mobile Internet in Belgium:
One month ago, we tweeted on Semetis Twitter our study on Mobile Internet in Belgium. We collected these data thanks to the new Google Analytics Reports on Mobile devices. Our post revealed the surprising figures of internet traffic coming from mobile devices such as the iPhone, the iPod Touch but also mobile phones running on Android, Symbian, Microsoft Mobile and Blackberrys...
We concluded that "Web phones" traffic in January 2010 was lower than 1% of the total sites traffic in Belgium!
Mobile Internet in Belgium Q1 2010:
At the date of today, we would like to review the first 3 months of 2010. As described in the table hereafter, January conclusions are still up to date. Web traffic coming from smartphones remained under the bar of 1% and was quite stable.
Three other trends popped up. First, Apple, leader with more than 77% market shares, and Android kept stable. Secondly, Symbian and Microsoft faced a slight decrease. And thirdly, RIM (Blackberry) is the sole player to see its shares rise during these 3 months.
We still believe the Mobile Internet will grow strong in the coming months and years. The range of phones allowing to browse the internet is growing. For instance, HTC as well as Samsung are pretty active advertising their "web phones":
Written by Nicolas Debray
Sign up and receive our newsletter to keep you informed of our news, events, training ...
- How to implement User ID in your GTM Account
- Better decisions with Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce (Part 2)
- How to work with Facebook Business Manager?
- Better decisions with Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce (Part 1)
- How the YouTube Trueview ad format functions ?
- An introduction to Gmail Sponsored Promotions (GSP)
- Upgrading to Universal Analytics: Path to successful transition
- Create a good content SEO strategy : Semetis Case Study