Mobile Internet Is Growing in Belgium
Mobile Internet Is Growing In Belgium
At the beginning of April 2010, we published the numbers about mobile internet in Belgium. By mobile Internet, we are talking about the traffic on a website from mobile devices. And by "mobile" we hear the phones but also devices such as the iPods, iPads ...
During the first quarter of 2010, mobile Internet represented less than 1% of the total traffic on websites in Belgium! Two months later, where do we stand?
The answer is it’s growing but everything is relative, ...
Figures of Mobile Internet in April and May 2010
During the first quarter of 2010, mobile internet accounted for 0,40%-0,50% of the total traffic on websites in Belgium.
Mobile internet in Belgium during Q1:
Two months later, mobile internet has grown by almost 50%! With visits from mobile rising from 0,45% to almost 0,75%. Even though we remain below 1%, it could be the starting point of an accelerated adoption of mobile internet in Belgium.
Mobile internet in Belgium during April and May 2010:
The iPad strong introduction in Belgium
Although it was not even directly marketed in Belgium, the iPad is already entering in the Top Mobile Devices. In May 2010, the iPad represented 4.51% of mobile traffic in Belgium !
Apple accounted for nearly 75% of mobile traffic in Belgium during April and May 2010. An interesting fact is the decrease (in percentage) in the traffic from the iPhone and the iPod as if iPhone and iPod users migrated to the iPad. An Apple Geek effect?
A second interesting fact is the decrease (in percentage) in the total mobile traffic from Apple in Belgium. In the first quarter of 2010, Apple accounted for around 80% of mobile traffic against 75% for the past two months. The big winners are Android, Blackberry and SymbianOS.
To be continued...
Written by Nicolas Debray
P.S. All these data are coming from our clients Google Analytics Browsers reports. Data are aggregated and relative (in percentage) in order to keep the highest level of confidentiality which also for the highest importance at Semetis.
Sign up and receive our newsletter to keep you informed of our news, events, training ...
- An introduction to the Doubleclick world – Programmatic and RTB
- Have you thought about Dynamic Search Ads to grow your PPC campaigns?
- Dynamic Creative Optimization: Changing the focus of the advertising business from creative master minds to data algorithms
- Generate valuable leads for your business thanks to Facebook Lead Ads
- Why it is time for you to migrate to HTTPS
- Automating your Digital Advertising with Feed Based Technology
- Building Great Helpful Piece of Technology - Advertising Budget Monitoring Spendoo
- What do indirect conversions mean for my digital advertising?